Short Form T&Cs
GB residents aged 18+ only. Purchase any Pedigree dog treat or Dreamies cat treat product from a participating B&M store between 09.10.23 & 24.12.23 and enter by texting XMASWIN to 81400 by 24.12.23 for your chance to be randomly selected to win one of the following 3 cash prizes: £1,000, £500 or £250. Retain till receipt. Max one entry per person. Text entry charged at standard network rate. See www.xmaswin.co.uk for details and full T&Cs. Promoter: Mars Petcare UK Limited, Freeby Lane, Waltham-on-the-Wolds, Leicester LE14 4RS.
Full Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) govern your entry into and participation in the promotion. Please read these terms carefully before entering, as by entering, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions.
- Eligibility: This promotion is open to residents of Great Britain, aged 18 years or over at the date of entry, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, associated agents or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
- Promotional Period: The promotion will run from 00:00:01 on 09.10.23 to 23:59:59 on 24.12.23 (the “Promotional Period”). Entries must be submitted within this period in order to be entered in the prize draw.
- Entry Instructions: To enter purchase any DREAMIES cat treat or PEDIGREE dog treat product from a participating B&M store and text ‘XMASWIN’ to 81400. Till receipt confirming a purchase of a qualifying product should be retained, as a proof of purchase will be required to claim the prize. Participants will receive a text message thanking them for entering the promotion. Time taken to receive this text message may vary. An entry text message will be charged at your standard network rate (and may not be included within any free text packages). Please check with the bill payer before sending a text entry.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted. Anyone entering more than once will be disqualified and may still be charged for their entries.
- Selection Process: Three winners will be drawn at random (via a randomised computer process) from all valid text entries on the following date: Wednesday January 3rd 2024. The winners will receive (at the Promoter’s cost) a text message informing them that they have won one of the cash prizes via the mobile number used to submit their text entry. The winning entrant selected first will win the £1,000 cash prize, the second winner drawn will win a £500 cash prize and the third winner selected will win a £250 cash prize as further detailed at Condition 11. The decision of the Promoter regarding winner selection and any aspect of the promotion is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into, except with the winners.
- Prize Redemption: The prize winners will receive a text message notifying them of their win via the mobile number used to submit their entry text. Prize winners will then be contacted by the Promoter via the mobile number used to submit their entry text within 48 hours of first being notified of their win and provided with details of the address to which the original B&M till receipt should be sent as proof of purchase and, in order to receive their prize, asked to provide their full name, a valid GB residency address and their bank account details. [Winner(s) of cash prizes may request payment either by way of a cheque issued in the winner’s name or by transfer to a bank or building society account held in the winner’s name. Payment will be made within 28 days of the Promoter (or, where applicable, its agent) receiving the winner’s details].
- Bulk entries, entrants using multiple handsets, numbers or via agents, third parties, organised groups or those automatically generated by computer will not be accepted but may still be charged. Entries received by any other means other than as specified in these Terms and Conditions (see condition 3 above) (e.g. post) will be rejected. Any person persistently trying to circumvent the entry process will be disqualified immediately. Any entry must be submitted by the person entering the promotion.
- In the event that the winner fails to respond to the Promoter’s text message within 7 days or the Promoter is otherwise unable to contact the winner within 7 days of the draw, or the winner is unable to provide a valid B&M till receipt as proof of purchase within 14 days of being requested to do so by the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to draw an alternative winner from all remaining valid entries, with the originally selected winner forfeiting their right to the prize.
- In the event of a mobile phone being lost, stolen or damaged or a number being changed, the Promoter is unable to retrieve or transfer an existing entry to a new mobile number.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, the Promoter can accept no responsibility and is not liable for any person whose mobile phone is used to enter without the owner's permission. The bill payer is accepted as the entrant and should their mobile number be selected as the winner they will be the sole claimant of the prize.
- The Prizes: There are 3 prizes to be won, in total, as follows:
- The prize is as stated, is not for exchange or resale and no prize alternative is available. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the Promoter, the prize will only be awarded directly to the entrant responsible for the mobile phone number against which the winning text entry was registered. The Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award an alternative prize of equal or greater value, should the advertised prize become unavailable for any reason.
- The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place and therefore will publish or make available a prize winner’s surname and county to members of the public who request such details for a period of 3 months from the end of Promotional Period by sending an SAE to: XMASWIN TEXT TO WIN, PO Box 10155, Leicester, LE19 9BW. Entrants can object to such disclosure, or request that disclosure be limited in scope by writing to: Mars Petcare UK, Freeby Lane, Waltham-on-the-Wolds, Leicester LE14 4RS. However, the Promoter may, notwithstanding any objection, disclose the information to the Advertising Standards Authority if required to do so.
- General: The Promoter cannot be held responsible for the failure of any third party to fulfil its obligations in connection with this promotion, although the Promoter will endeavour to minimise the effect of such failure on the entrants.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any text entries which fail to be registered or are delayed for any technical or other reason whatsoever. The Promoter cannot be held responsible in the event that the winner does not receive their prize as a result of having provided incomplete or inaccurate address details or [bank account details] or failing to send their B&M receipt to the correct address as provided by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries including but not limited to asking for the winner's identity details and the B&M till receipt confirming a qualifying purchase (which they must provide within 14 days but which will not be retained following verification by the Promoter) and to refuse to award the prize or withdraw the prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of the entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
- In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion or the awarding of the prize, the Promoter reserves the right to suspend the promotion or amend these terms and conditions, at any stage, with no liability to any entrants or third parties, but will always endeavour to minimise the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
- This promotion and these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the parties to any dispute or action shall submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts. However, if you are resident in Scotland, you may bring your claim before the Scottish or English courts
- Entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions by submitting a text entry.
- Promoter: Mars Petcare UK, Freeby Lane, Waltham-on-the-Wolds, Leicester LE14 4RS (Registered office: 3D Dundee Road, Slough, Berkshire, SL1 4LG)